something wrong with statusbar on unix

Subject: something wrong with statusbar on unix
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 00:50:50 CST

 Something wrong with statusbar on unix (non-gnome-enabled version). I speak
about rather current AW from CVS (using Martin's snapshot of cvs).

 I can't see anything in statusbar on unix (even under 'en' locale). The
menuitem "view->statusbar" is _always_ checked. When I go to preferences
dialog, "view->status bar" checkbutton in that dialog is unchecked. When I
check and press "apply" or "ok", nothing begins appearing in statusbar. When I
bring the preferences dialog back, "view->status bar" is unchecked.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad