Re: next generation of next-cjk-patch

Subject: Re: next generation of next-cjk-patch
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 12:05:36 CST

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, sam th wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
> > I've put next version of next-cjk-patch, it's at the same location (i.e.
> > previous version was overwritten):
> > http://www.hippo.ru/~hvv/abiword/next-cjk-patch.diff
> >
> > Changes:
> > * Everything that was in prev version of it
> > * Fix for the problem of printing with dingbats font under latin1 locales
> > Martin reported
> > * It will assert that iconv knows encoding we've requested (remember this,
> > Belcon)
> > * It will not save encoding name in .abw file at first line to make .abw files
> > readable by AW (before, encoding=".." should have been manually
> > removed from 1st line under CJK locales)
> > * Most important - it uses gdk_fontset_load for CJK fonts. It's supposed to
> > allow CJK in GB2312 to be displayed.
> >
> > The last 3 are important for CJK users.
> >
> > IMO it should be safe to apply over previously applied prev version of
> > enxt-cjk-patch (some hunks will be considered already applied - it's OK of
> > course).
> >

> I can't get any combination of all the patches to apply properly to new
> CVS (and it isn't because of changes outside of the patches). Could you
> put out one big patch with *all* the changes, so that we can get it tested
> and committed?
>
> The important patches so far are:
> the three available in the tar archive on my website, named:
> cjk.patch
> next-cjk.diff
> martin-cjk.patch
> and your newest
> next-cjk-patch.diff

 You have to apply only the following
        cjk.patch
        next-cjk-patch.diff
 Martin's patch adds only casts around iconv's 2nd argument to files in
        /src/af/util/xp/ut_*
 and one cast to xap_EncodingManager.cpp
 So those 3 hunks from Martin's patch can be easily extracted and merged with
 other hunks. There won't be any conflict.

 Was the problem with FreeBSD solved?

> If you (or anyone else) can get them all to apply, and post a big patch
> with all of them, I would be eternally greatful.

 I will post it in 1 hour then.

> Thanks.
>
> sam th
> sam@uchicago.edu