Re: Bad publicity for AbiWord

Subject: Re: Bad publicity for AbiWord
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 07:10:33 CDT

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Jim Colvin wrote:
>
> > The Andover News Network carried a column today titled: "Bring Me The Head
> > of an AbiWord Developer!" I get a daily email from Andover with news
> > highlights, and of course this one really shocked me. Read it at:
> >
> > http://www.andovernews.com/cgi-bin/news_column.pl?651
> >
> > Fortunately AbiWord doesn't get all the blame, but this is still bad
> > publicity. Makes one wonder about putting preview releases into Linux
> > distributions.
> >

> Hi Jim,
> Thanks for the heads up. I posted an appology and pointed out
> version 0.7.11 automatically saves your files upon a crash.

On the other hand .. I just got a call (not an e-mail
message ... an honest to god telephone call) from a long
time QNX user who has just started using a pre-release of
the pre-release version of AbiWord for Photon and he just
absolutely loves it! Don't despair ... we take the good
with the bad!

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf