Re: Status of 0.7.11

Subject: Re: Status of 0.7.11
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 09:20:39 CDT

Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> Just checking my Solaris box here at work it looks like
> they are going to have the same problem as the Neutrino/QNX
> build. They have a mbtowc, but not a mbrtowc so use the
> same hack to build as QNX.
>
> This code has caused us enough porting grief that I'm
> of the opinion that it should be moved to a platform
> dependant layer ... all those in favour say eye!

If it's a commercial C++ library, I'd firmly request my vendor to fix it. If
they haven't been able to implement the standard by now, chances are they'll
never be able to do it. I mean, c'mon, they've got a while to get their acto
together by now. In the meantime, perhaps a better approach would be to use
e.g. STLport (www.stlport.org)?

Just my $0.02.

/Mike