Free MS Visual C++ Compiler?

Subject: Free MS Visual C++ Compiler?
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 03:59:00 CDT

I noticed here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/deepc08172000.asp
that, along with the new C# compiler, MS's .NET beta SDK appears to
include cl, the Visual C++ C/C++ compiler. I don't know what the
licencing's like, or even if everything you need to compile things is
included [having Visual Studio already, and no need for anything else
in the package, I haven't downloaded it], but I figured someone
listening here might be interested. (Can we use it with the Cygnus
stuff to allow people who haven't bought Visual C++ to compile AbiWord
on windows, I wonder?)

Jamie.

[Yes, I'm still here, just finding it hard to find time to work on
AbiWord at the moment :-]