Re: Status of 0.7.11 (fwd)

Subject: Re: Status of 0.7.11 (fwd)
baron.users@free.fr
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 08:02:08 CDT

Quoting Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au>:

> HI Paul,
> I just realized that you did not receive this email.

Sorry, I've forgot to cc abiword-dev...

> > > ut_mbtowc.cpp:
> > > In file included from ut_mbtowc.cpp:23:
> > > ut_mbtowc.h:15: syntax error before `;'
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > It looks like solaris doesn't include a needed header

The needed include file is wchar.h (like on evry other platform,
afaik). But Solaris <= 2.6 does not have these symbols in libc.

On Solaris 7 & 8, this file should compile fine.

So I would suggest the workaround used for FreeBSD, BeOS (and
perhaps a few other platforms) and now Solaris to be included
between something like

#ifndef HAVE_RESTARTABLE_WCHAR
#else
<work-around>
#endif

Of course, HAVE_RESTARTABLE_WCHAR sould be defined by the
configure script on platforms supporting this feature.

Paul wrote
> On Solaris we checked for defined(sun) as suggested.
> The build then broke in wv/twips.c

No problem here (solaris 7 + gcc 2.7.2.3). What's wrong ?

Stephane