how to add new fonts?

Subject: how to add new fonts?
From: Han The Thanh (thanh@informatics.muni.cz)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 09:34:56 CDT

Dear all,

I would like to use new fonts with abiword, but don't know how to add them
to the existing fonts. How can I do it? I posted this question on
abiword-ser list but didn't get any reply.

I played a bit with it by adding my fonts to /usr/share/abisuite/fonts and
editing fonts.dir accordingly. Unfortunately some fonts work, some don't
(not seen from the font menu, or seen and selectable but cannot be used;
Times Roman is used instead). It also appears that multiple font path
(like /usr/share/abisuite/fonts:$HOME/X11/fonts/Type1 doesn't work).

Thanks,
Thanh