Patch 456

Subject: Patch 456
From: Saint-Denis (stdenisg@cedep.net)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 08:00:01 CDT

This is patch to bug #456, titled "Spell check breaks if you rename AbiSuite directory"

The title is the symptom that the executable cannot find the relative position of the "dictionary" directory containing the *.hash file.

There are globaly two use cases. Theses use cases have to do with the two directory structure schemes.

1- In the normal distribution format the directory structure is
 .../AbiSuite/AbiWord/bin/AbiWord.exe
 .../AbiSuite/AbiWord/strings/*.strings
 .../AbiSuite/AbiWord/help/en-US/*.html
 .../AbiSuite/AbiWord/samples/en-US/*.abw
 .../AbiSuite/dictionary/*.hash

With the patch installed, renaming the "Abisuite" directory is now permitted. This is, to my understanding, the intention of the bug description.

2- In the developer build canonical format for directory structure is
$(OUT)/$os_..._$dbg/bin/AbiWord.exe
$(OUT)/$os_..._$dbg/obj/*.obj
$(OUT)/$os_..._$dbg/AbiSuite/AbiWord/strings/*.strings
$(OUT)/$os_..._$dbg/AbiSuite/help/...
$(OUT)/$os_..._$dbg/AbiSuite/samples/...
$(OUT)/$os_..._$dbg/AbiSuite/dictionary/*.hash
Since it is a canonical structure it should not change!. It is not the job of this patch to change anything here.

Please note that this patch also include a pragma directive that should have been added to the same file previously. I sent patch 282 containing that correction last week.

Gilles Saint-Denis