Re: More Mac build

Subject: Re: More Mac build
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 12:34:34 CDT

At 4:00 PM -0500 9/15/00, sam th wrote:
>On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> > Actually, they are going to post the dev tools to apple.com
>> in mid October for free download, but you have to be a registered
>> (but not necessarily paid) ADC member.
>
>Which dev tools? I was under the impression that OS X used gcc etc, all of
>which are in the Darwin CVS tree. Or do they require money for the
>development libs?

        Hubert and I were discussing whether gcc, etc. where in the
Darwin tree or not. I suspect, however, that even if gcc (and
related) command line tools are there, that things like Project
Builder (the IDE) are not in CVS but will be on the CD/downloads.

        And no, there is no cost, they just want you to register - at
least that's the word I am hearing right now.

Leonard

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
					America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65