Re: 0.7.11: all png files in 'qnx' directories in '/shots' are broken

Subject: Re: 0.7.11: all png files in 'qnx' directories in '/shots' are broken
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 07:40:49 CDT

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like all png files in directories 'qnx' in 'shots' directories,
> namely
> /shots/wp/qnx
> /shots/xap/qnx
> are broken - pngtopnm fails on them (they are not understood by libpng!).
> 'kview' and 'zgv' can't view them, 'gqview' and 'ee' due to availability of
> workarounds can. The screenshot making software used for producing them on
> QNX is broken (produces png files not compying with the spec?). So,
> that software should be fixed and correct screenshots should be taken or
> current should be converted to proper format.
>
> Please tell me the name and version of that screenshot utility for QNX - I
> just filled bugreport/request for ZGV to add workaround for reading these
> files, but was unable to supply name of software-produced.

Ahhh yes ... I actually took the screenshots in QNX as jpg's
and then converted the jpg's to png in BeOS using the native
PNG translator =;-) since I didn't have a PNG creator handy.

I just checked ... the files are indeed checked in as binary.

Anyone else have thoughts? Otherwise I'll just go through and
take another batch of shots (which needs to be done in any
case) and perhaps someone will volunteer to convert them
from jpg to png for me.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf