Re: report on status of AW's i18n patch

Subject: Re: report on status of AW's i18n patch
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 15:49:07 CDT

Ok,

Just as a clarification:

Export to MSWord *DOES NOT WORK*. I have some code in infant stages in the
tree to do Word export. It produces crap. Do not expect anything from this
other than binary garbage. No version of Word can read this. I'm working on
a real API to export to Word format as part of my wv project
(wvware.sourceforge.net).

I have draft #1 of an API drawn up which I'll mail to this list tonight. Now
I just need to implement it :) I plan on doing only plain-text export to
MSWord97 format to begin with and adding features as I go along. If there
are any objections, join the wv team and help me code stuff :)

Dom