Re: distribution of fonts with AW; structure of font path

Subject: Re: distribution of fonts with AW; structure of font path
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 01:17:18 CDT

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> > > Fontastic!
> >
> > Is this pun intentional?
> >
> You mean: Is this pun "international"? :-)

 :)

> Seriously, I was thinking we should do the following.
>
> 1. We ship a standard abi with the current font sets and american english
> spell checking hash file (as we do now).

 ολ.

> 2. We have a seperate download for other languages which include:
>
> (a) Localized help file.
> (b) Extra fonts for the Language.
> (c) Extra spell checking hash file for the language.

 ολ.

> 3. If we distribute Abi on a CD these are of course included on the CD.

 ολ.

> Upon loading Abi looks at the LANG environment variable and loads the help
> file and spell checking hash table, and localized fonts. Does you
> scheme fit in with this?

 I agree with everything you mentioned. What I really wanted is to
standartiaze the location (name of directory) AW will look for
locale-specific fonts. So far, I proposed AW to look in the subdirectory named
after encoding name. Also, I've implemented this in my l10n megapatch. What I
wanted to know is whether you agree with my proposal on the name of directory
AW will try to search for fonts in locale-specific encoding.

> Cheers
>
> Martin

 Best regards,
  -Vlad