Re: distribution of fonts with AW; structure of font path

Subject: Re: distribution of fonts with AW; structure of font path
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 16:21:31 CDT

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > > this in my patch.
> >
> > Fontastic!
>
> Is this pun intentional?

You mean: Is this pun "international"? :-)

Seriously, I was thinking we should do the following.

1. We ship a standard abi with the current font sets and american english
spell checking hash file (as we do now).

2. We have a seperate download for other languages which include:

(a) Localized help file.
(b) Extra fonts for the Language.
(c) Extra spell checking hash file for the language.

3. If we distribute Abi on a CD these are of course included on the CD.

Upon loading Abi looks at the LANG environment variable and loads the help
file and spell checking hash table, and localized fonts. Does you
scheme fit in with this?

Cheers

Martin