Re: Abstract dialogs.

Subject: Re: Abstract dialogs.
From: Ithamar R. Adema (ithamar@dds.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 16:03:24 CDT

At 22:34 28-9-00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>It's been a while since I contributed, or even posted, but I've been "more
>than busy". :-)

I've got the same problem ;o(

<SNIP>
>Since I've now suggested this effort, I'm also aware that it's my work to
>give directions or suggestions (more or less). I *think* I know how it
>should be done (it's not without it's merits to have been called a "C++ god"
>in the AbiWord devlist :-) ). But unless I have you support or engagement on
>this one, it's just tossing work down the drain.

I have enough time at the moment to be able to discuss things with you, and
it looks like I'll have a reasonable amount of time available soon to do
actual development. I'm nowhere near an AbiWord expert but I'm willing to
learn and spend time on that. However, I've used my share of "portable" GUI
frameworks, mostly C++ stuff, and I've got 8 years actual C++ experience,
so that might help ;o)
Please feel free to mail me off-list if you want to discuss anything.

>Please, comment. It *would* probably mean that AbiWord would be in a state
>of flux for a while (regading dialogs), but the benefits would surely
>outwheight the extra work, or?

We could even keep most of the code in a seperate tree, or at least under a
special #ifdef, until we sort most of it out.

>/Mike

Regards,

Ithamar R. Adema
Information Engineering Associates Ltd