Re: The "Allow screen colors other than White" option

Subject: Re: The "Allow screen colors other than White" option
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 11:52:52 CDT

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Tom Briggs wrote:

> > If you want to make you screen color go transparent (white) uncheck the
> > box.
>
> This assumes you've already changed the background color to something
> non-white. If you've changed it to something non-white and you want to
> change it back to white, well, then... you can use the color selector to
> change it back to white (you obviously already know how to use the color
> selector...)

Actually you can't use the color selector to set it to it's default state
which is "transparent". You really need a checkbox for this.

> > I'm open to suggestions for better wording or different GUI behaviour.
>
> It's probably fairly obvious by now that I think the checkbox should be
> removed. :) At the very least the wording of the checkbox should be
> changed to something like "Use a non-white screen color"

I'm happy with this.

 - I think the
> current wording implies that the option controls screen colors throughout
> the app, which it doesn't.

I was trying to find a succint way of explaining what the control
does. I'll go with your wording.

BTW I'll add a check box to the background color dialog to turn off the
background color too. The default is "transparent" which is not the same
as white.

Maybe something like "Set background color off".

Cheers!

Martin