PalmDoc document title

Subject: PalmDoc document title
From: K J MacDonald (kenny@holyrood.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 09:40:57 CDT

Bit of a feature request really after I ground to a halt implementing
this...

Ideally, I'd like the PalmDoc exporter to open a dialogue to prompt for
the document's category (numeric) and title (string), but what I really
wanted was for it to title the document with the basename of the filename,
rather than the full pathname.

However, the basename function would depend on the directory separator, so
it's not cross platform.

I noticed that the wv module has a cut down glib in it. glib has a nice
little g_basename implementation.

Is there somewhere else where such small helper functions can be placed,
rather than in wv?

Cheers,

Kenny.

--
ADML Support, EUCS, The University of Edinburgh
http://www.ed.ac.uk/~kenny