Re: {Tool,Status-}bar problem on Win32 nightlies

Subject: Re: {Tool,Status-}bar problem on Win32 nightlies
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 11:26:50 CDT

Matthew Kirkwood wrote:
> For the first time in a long while, I'm sat in front of a
> Windows box, so I thought I'd see what Win32 Abi looks like
> these days.
>
> Answer: pretty darned fine

Good to know!

> But I have found a bug. The toolbar/move/resize handling
> is a little imperfect, causing the horizontal scrollbar at
> the bottom of the document to obscure the status bar, or
> vice versa.
[snip]

Darn. I'd almost bet something that's my bad from the scrollbars I moved to
the frame and then back upon the explanation of why they were implemented
like that. Paul, you found that one, do you have an idea of what else I
messed up during that code change?

This also made me find *another* "off by one" because of my
straight-line-optimization. You'll be able to reproduce it by using "zoomin"
or similar tool to look at the little square at the top-left of the
"document" view. I'm on that one, but if anyone (Tom?) beats me to the
WM_SIZE bug I'm not the one to complain. :-)

I have a patch for the off-by-one here, but no matter how I tweak the
bastard it seems it's not cooperative. Even without tweaking it seems it's
wrong for one case. Should someone (Paul) want to take it off-list to get it
right I'm here.

/Mike - don't cc