Features

Subject: Features
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 17:36:53 CDT

While I still remember it:
One of the persons I got in contact with in .dk was someone that requested
what I believe is to be a very reasonable thing if we want to get "heavy"
users: revision display.

Imagine you have a document where (a) types a single line "foo". Then he
sends it to (b) which adds a line "bar". Not necessarily should that line be
noted to be a comment by (b), but it should be noted (perhaps by a margin
"bar") that it is a comment.

When a document has been sent to enough people for all to comment on and
everyone is happy, someone can say "save as final version" and all the
comments disappear and only the final text is saved.

MSWord has something similar, and that was how the discussion started.

It's not something we'd do in the near future I think, but wouldn't this be
something to add in a todo (rewritten by someone who knows how to express it
would also help)?

/Mike