Re: more vs. better (was Re: morning hack...)

Subject: Re: more vs. better (was Re: morning hack...)
From: Patrick Lam (plam@plam.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 21:48:31 CDT

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Paul Rohr wrote:

> Why? Human nature, I guess. It's a lot more fun to pioneer a new feature
> than to do the hard painstaking work to hone and polish an existing one
> until it Just Works, flawlessly. Sneak-ins are a *lot* more fun. :-)

I agree with you here. But I think that people are highly inspired after
GUADEC to implement one more round of features. (`Just one
more feature! really!')

I think that after this bunch of features is in, Dom should put his foot
down and drive the project to 1.0, getting the number of bugs close to 0
and refusing new features.

pat