Re: Still unbuildable on Windows

Subject: Re: Still unbuildable on Windows
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 06:49:44 CDT

Andrew Dunbar wrote:
> Hmm the errors result from trying to define these member functions
> and not from trying to call them...

It's obvious, everything is in the error message. :-)

> 'checkWord' : overloaded member function
> 'enum SpellChecker::_SpellCheckResult (unsigned short *,unsigned int)'
> not found in 'ISpellChecker'

The signature of the 'checkWord' member function does not match the
declaration of it.

I'll take care of this if someone please tell me what the heck is going on
in AP_Win32Dialog_Spell. In line 220 of its implementation file we find
 if (!m_Suggestions.count)

This is three errors in one:
1) This class does not contain a member 'm_Suggestions'.
2) it's defined in the baseclass (and this way leads to sorrow and misery,
accessing baseclasses data as it was our own). And finally
3) 'm_Suggestions' is a pointer to a UT_Vector.

After this I'm lost, since UT_Vector doesn't contain any members resembling
'count' or 'word'.

/Mike