Re: ispell multilingual spellchecking

Subject: Re: ispell multilingual spellchecking
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 06:29:12 CDT

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 12:08:12PM +0100, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

> To get the language tag working with ispell, we will need to move
> the whole of the ispell code into the ispell_checker class. I have
> started on this and given up for the moment. It is very messy, and
> pretty much means we would not be able to update our code easily
> if/when an update to ispell is released.

There's no point in worrying about updates to ispell. No one is
working on it.

> I am wondering whether it might not be better to help Kevin
> Atkinson with getting the pspell library to build on Windows, than
> putting all this effort into using an application which was not
> designed to be used this way.

That would be great, but I think libtool has serious issues on
non-POSIX platforms. So it might be hard.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dyndns.org/decss