Re: commit -- autoconf stuff

Subject: Re: commit -- autoconf stuff
jskov@zoftcorp.adsl.dk
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 02:37:55 CDT

>>>>> "Sam" == Sam TH <sam@uchicago.edu> writes:

Sam> - autodetect expat.

I like that expat/xml2 is now handle cleaner - I'll remove the
EXPAT_INCLUDES from the makefiles since it never gets defined now.

However, the expat check defines:

XML_CFLAGS = -I/local/jskov/abiword/expat/lib
XML_LIBS = -L/local/jskov/abiword/expat/lib -lexpat

after I specify --with-expat (it automatically looks in ../expat - but
expat builds stuff in expat/lib). Problem is that the above does not
match the build or install locations of expat.h and libexpat.a.

In the install tree, those should be <prefix>/include and
<prefix>/lib. In the build tree they should be <prefix> and
<prefix>/.libs

So why is this different on my box than it apparently is on yours?
Different versions of libtool or autoconf/make?

Jesper