Re: some comments about our C++ code...

Subject: Re: some comments about our C++ code...
From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 11:36:10 CDT

I'm not done with it yet, and there are some errors in it, but you may
find the following article helpful:

Pointers, References and Values
Passing Parameters, Returning Results, and Storing Member Variables
with Musings on Good C++ Style
http://www.goingware.com/tips/parameters/

Nothing in it is really original, I just try to express in a more
succinct way what I've learned elsewhere. Well, maybe there is some
original stuff.

I would also recommend "Effective C++" and "More Effective C++" and the
comp.lang.c++ FAQ at:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/comp/comp.lang.c++.html

Also the Association of C and C++ Users Book Reviews at:

http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/index.htm

For example, Effective C++ is reviewed at:

http://www.accu.org/cgi-bin/accu/rvout.cgi?from=0au_m&file=e001568a

You really all should join the ACCU. The accu-general mailing list is
very low noise and a valuable resource for answering difficult C++
questions.

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford