Re: Unix request for help

Subject: Re: Unix request for help
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 08:15:57 CDT

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 12:47:22PM +0000, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> Sam TH ?crit:
>
> > This is a known (to me at least) problem. If anyone knows when it
> > started, of has a GNOME/autoconf build that is actually GNOME-ish,
> > please let me know. I'm very puzzled about this.
>
> For me it started Tuesday morning CEST after the long 3 days Week-End that
> had lot of bugfixes and autoconf added (around 1MB of contextual diff since
> Friday morning CEST).
> The problem is that I jumped to autoconf immediately and that can not revert
> back to the old style build because with lot of effort (I don't have CVS
> access here, unless I use diff and ftp using a remote account).

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to binary search back
to where I broke it. :-(

> The worse things in all of this is that -lgnome is specified at link time
> and that I get GNOME code compiled. Isn't there a specific switch to pass to
> gcc to enable GNOME ?

Yeah, it links with all the right libraries. it builds all the right
files, and the .a files contain all the right symbols. And then it
doesn't work.

Bad.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key