Re: speed results

Subject: Re: speed results
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 09:11:20 CDT

On 17 Apr 2001 13:08:28 -0700, Paul Rohr wrote:

> Replaced the XAP_DogSlow module with an XAP_Whizzy implementation of
> the well-known XAP_TotalSpeed interface.

Well, just for the record, I'm getting very very short in free time
lately (exams are near, and work is getting... "intensive"), but the
latests tests that I've done in my machine showed that the burden is in
the start time of insertData. I mean, it takes approx. 5 times more
time to do:

insertData("H");
insertData("e");
insertData("l");
insertData("l");
insertData("o");

than

insertData("Hello");

But I think that you already know that :-)

And, in fact, I tried the trick that Martin said about inserting a
header before start the test, and things go even worse... consider it
non official tests, I only had the time to do little tests (my pc
doesn't have many many hours of relax, and thus I can run many long
tests, and usually when I go to bed, my tree is screwed :)

In short, just to say that I've spended so far 0 s. trying to fix the
speed problem.

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela