Re: speed results

Subject: Re: speed results
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 15:08:28 CDT

At 02:16 PM 4/14/01 +0200, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
>On samedi, avril 14, 2001, at 01:03 , Sam TH wrote:
>>> Sam, is it possible to add a "perf" keyword in bugzilla for this kind
>>> of
>>> thing that would be used to tag performance issues ?
>>
>> At Jesper's request, I added and renamed a bunch of bug categories.
>> So just file this under Dev - Performance.
>
>Sam,
>
>I don't think "Dev - performance" and "Dev - style" deserve to be a
>module (category), but they rather should be a keyword that we use to
>tag the bug covering this topic. Just because a performance or style
>problem belong to a real module.
>See bug 1332 that should be part of Piece Table.

I like the keyword idea, too. We could have performance issues anywhere in
the tree, but a well-diagnosed performance issue in someplace critical like
the PT should be easy to locate.

Performance isn't a discrete component of the source tree, it's a
characteristic throughout. Otherwise, I'm sure Joaquin would already have
generated the following commit message:

  Replaced the XAP_DogSlow module with an XAP_Whizzy implementation of
  the well-known XAP_TotalSpeed interface.

:-) :-)

Paul