Re: gdk-pixbuf vs. ImageMagick

Subject: Re: gdk-pixbuf vs. ImageMagick
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 18:37:19 CDT

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 12:37:28PM -0400, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> As one of the maintainers of ImageMagick, I'm a bit biased here,
> but do want to have this discussion...

ImageMagick seems nice. The only bad experience I've had with it is
that it can't seem to encode JPEGs well. The quality is extremely poor
when taking a screenshot with import -root. Is this a known issue/is
there a workaround/would this affect AbiWord?

The idea of a miniMagick is nice. I hope it is kept API-compatable
with ImageMagick and the configure script detects installed
imagemagick library to use instead of the internal minimagick.