Re: JPEG import

Subject: Re: JPEG import
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 06:58:57 CDT

At 06:11 AM 4/19/2001 +0200, Mike Nordell wrote:
>But it's bloat if you compare to what some platforms have natively. Example:
>ImageMagick must have a loader for BMP. Well, win32 has it natively. Are we
>to use the 3:rd party library even if we have native capabilities?
>Perhaps ImageMagick is so smart as to not even link it's internal loader if
>the environment provides it, but it's quite a combinatorial problem to
>solve...
         Depends on the situation.

         For example, BMP is always loaded internally since the code to do
so is quite small (maybe 100 lines of code), while PICT support is
conditionalized on the Mac to use the OS loader since PICT support is
pretty complex (1000's of lines) and isn't as complete as the OS
implementation.

Leonard