Graphic Images

Subject: Graphic Images
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 12:01:11 CDT

I want to throw my nickle into the graphic exchange currently going on. I
believe that AbiWord should know only about two type of grapics images - one
bitmap, and one vector. Importers should convert to either PNG or SVG (once
implimented) for AbiWord to display, size, or save as required.

My reason is simple. It provides great compatibility between platforms. No
matter what image is loaded under what platform, the AbiWord will still be
able to read the resultant file.

The only except would be if any graphic library is made truely
cross-platform such that it would Just Work for all the platforms we
currently support.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett