Re: Graphic Images

Subject: Re: Graphic Images
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 13:40:35 CDT

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 12:01:11PM -0500, Michael D. Pritchett wrote:
> I want to throw my nickle into the graphic exchange currently going on. I
> believe that AbiWord should know only about two type of grapics images - one
> bitmap, and one vector. Importers should convert to either PNG or SVG (once
> implimented) for AbiWord to display, size, or save as required.

This was the original plan for image display in AbiWord, and like
Michael, I continue to think that it is a good one. I certainly hope
that saving images using the new Gdk-pixbuf implementation involves
saving them as PNG.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dyndns.org/decss