Re: Graphic Images

Subject: Re: Graphic Images
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 17:11:52 CDT

On vendredi, avril 20, 2001, at 12:05 , Matthew Kirkwood wrote:

> With that the way it is, it would be easy to get into a state
> where the file format and common (or even all) platforms
> supported TIFF images. But we might easily find that an
> ImageMagick-based importer could load (and thus save, or at
> least copy to file format) an image which any gdk-pixbuf (or
> Imlib, or ..)-based one couldn't.

Following the idea I have on this matter, ImageMagick[*] could be used
to convert TIFF to PNG and then, the PNG stream would be displayed by
the rasterer, which on GNOME will probably be gdk-pixbuf based... (MacOS
will probably be QuickTime based for example).
ImageMagick for conversion and gdk-pixbuf for rastering. Both uses
libpng :-)

Hub
[*] or libtiff as it is used by IM already.