Re: Inline Images??? [ was: Re: Graphic Images ]

Subject: Re: Inline Images??? [ was: Re: Graphic Images ]
From: Paolo Molaro (lupus@debian.org)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 09:43:20 CDT

On 04/20/01 Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> > Word does put them *inside* the file, but that is not a wise decision (although at first it may seem).
>
> Word as other problem like not being really smart with file
> size and likes keeping BMP as BMP, even not compress. I think
> it is wrong, but we can't fix this.

What we should fix is this, instead: try to insert an image and
delete it from the document. Save the (empty) document and you will
find the image data there. Repeat a few times and the document
will grow to some MBs quickly. Note also that if you insert
the same image twice it gets in the document twice, this is bad,
if the data is the same it should be stored only once.

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules
lupus@ximian.com                             Monkeys do it better