Re: commit -- autoconf changes

Subject: Re: commit -- autoconf changes
From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 07:34:04 CDT

Paul Rohr wrote:

> At 02:10 PM 4/16/01 +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > I think it would be nice if we were searching for libxml2 first - it's much
> >mature and featurefull parser than expat, and it has functionality critical
> >for CJK users (ability to support their encodings in xml files). Are there
> any
> >good reasons to try expat first?
>
> Yeah. For starters, expat runs and is supported on all our platforms.
> AFAIK, libxml is Unix-specific.

http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/~doolin/code/libxmlwin32/

The "others" platforms are much more unix-like than windows, so I think
that it will be a childs game to get a binary of libxml for these
platforms.

And, no, I'm not voluntering to do it, I'm just replying to your
sentence.

> PS: The original author of expat, James Clark, is a legend in the XML
> community. I'm suprised to see anyone calling his work "less mature".

Yes, it's just that he seems to be more focussed on the xsl stuff.

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
cuenca@celium.net