Re: commit: left ruler handles

Subject: Re: commit: left ruler handles
From: Patrick Lam (plam@plam.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 10:34:27 CDT

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> I updated and built this morning expecting that things would
> either be broken for QNX (which they weren't) or that I would
> have little handles on the left hand ruler (which I don't).
>
> What needs to be done for other platform maintainers in order
> for this feature to start propagating?

I'm surprised that you don't have little handles on the left ruler. I
can't think of any reason why they wouldn't show up. The drawing code is
near line 423 of ap_LeftRuler.cpp.

As for platform-specific changes:

In UnixLeftRuler, I copied

static void s_getWidgetRelativeMouseCoordinates()
void AP_UnixLeftRuler::getWidgetPosition(gint * x, gint * y)
GdkWindowPrivate * AP_UnixLeftRuler::getRootWindow(void)

from UnixTopRuler.

and modified

int AP_UnixLeftRuler::_fe::button_press_event()
int AP_UnixLeftRuler::_fe::button_release_event()
int AP_UnixLeftRuler::_fe::motion_notify_event()

so that they would not be dumb, copying them from UnixTopRuler.

I also added the protected field

GdkWindowPrivate * m_rootWindow;

which is what gets returned by getRootWindow().

pat