FreeBSD binaries

Subject: FreeBSD binaries
From: Sprague, ITSN (spraguee@msc.naples.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 05:48:01 CDT

Is it known if anyone has built FreeBSD 4.2/x86 (GTK+ or GNOME) binaries
(for 0.7.13 or 0.7.14)? The 3.2 bins segfault on 4.2...

Also, the 0.7.13 sources won't build on FBSD 4.2, even using the ports
collection. (This is the reason why I'm not volunteering to build the
binaries, that and my 19200bps connection :-( I don't have the exact errors
just now, since I'm at work. I'll suck down the new sources tonight, and try
to build 0.7.14, hopefully I'll have more success... For the time being, I'm
stuck using the Linux/GTK+ static build using ABI compatibility. Not so bad,
but I prefer native.

Another question, which probably shows my ignorance: TrueType font support.
Is this only on Linux, or should that work on any UNIX with XFree86 4.0.x
(built-in TrueType support)? I ask because the limited number of fonts is
forcing me to stick with Kword for most things. (And I much prefer Abi, but
I've got some 3000 weirdball TT fonts, which Abi staunchly refuses to
use...) I'm specifically asking if it works on FreeBSD, but I have a
NetBSD/x86 laptop, and I'd like for it to work there, too.