newbie comment and request ;-)

Subject: newbie comment and request ;-)
From: Oliver Doepner (oldo@CoLi.Uni-SB.DE)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 10:24:03 CDT

Hi guys, dear ant,

You are doing a great job! Thank you very much.

I used the import/export facility for latex<->xhtml conversion and look
forward to the developments in that area.

I suppose the distinction of "content" and "structure" from "layout" is an
important aspect for a decent internal representation of word processor
documents.

I appreciate you using the xml-standard(s). How about XSL-stuff and the
DTD? Is it possible to download/have an insight on the DTD? It would be
fine to have some more documentation available on that stuff. I have read
that the DTD is "a moving target" or so, on your web pages/mailing list
somewhere. Where is it moving currently? Should i join the developer
mailing list to get informed? (maybe a good idea ...)

Another question: any collaboration with the openoffice.org folks?
(e.g. concerning xml-format conversion or xml-format melting of the two
projects?)

many question - some answers would be highly appreciated

I use SuSE 6.4 on x386 platform: abisuite-0.7.12.i386.rpm

cheers :-)
O. Doepner

--
Request your IT advice from: <11serv11@gmx.net>