status pages (was Re: RFC: BeOS Plan Of Action)

Subject: status pages (was Re: RFC: BeOS Plan Of Action)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 13:34:08 CDT

At 12:46 PM 4/26/01 -0500, Sam TH wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 08:54:59AM -0700, Paul Rohr wrote:
>> Sam,
>>
>> Did we manage to get a version of Jamie's document posted for 0.7.14? I'm
>> sure we'd all like to take advantage of his willingness to help recruit a
>> new maintainer from the BeOS community.
>
>The release notes have a note about Be needing a new maintainer. I
>don't know whether this got posted to Be news sites, since I don't
>know Be news sites.
>
>Jaime, if you're still around, can you take care of this?

I'm glad that got mentioned, but the question was whether the lengthy
document Jamie attached to this post ever got mirrored to the site:

Any time we can get detailed status information like this published we
really should.

In fact, now that Jamie (BeOS) and Tom Briggs (Win32) and Thomas (QNX) have
each made an effort to create status pages for their platform ports, I think
it's high time that we find a way to make those pages official.

It would be really cool if we had a developer status page on our site where
potential AbiWord developers could check in to see what's needed for various
areas of the code.

We already have many of the raw materials for this -- bugzilla, AWN, POWs,
various matrices, and now these platform-specific pages. Is anyone
interested in figuring out what's needed to create a new subsite at one of
the following URLs:

  http://www.abisource.com/dev/
  http://www.abisource.com/status/

The key issues would be:

  - coming up with a good organization / look for the pages
  - figuring out how each page gets updated
  - recruiting folks to own each of the pages

Any volunteers?

Paul,
dreamer