Re: status pages (was Re: RFC: BeOS Plan Of Action)

Subject: Re: status pages (was Re: RFC: BeOS Plan Of Action)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 14:57:44 CDT

At 03:13 PM 4/26/01 -0500, Sam TH wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 02:50:26PM -0400, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
>> I think that if we decide this then we also need to officially
>> nominate platform maintainers so that at release times they
>> can be the ones that put together the "official" release builds.
>
>I nominate you as QNX maintainer. :-)

Of course. :-)

>> Also if we are going to have platforms pages, these pages should
>> be mirrored from CVS in some manner so that the developers have
>> an easy way to update them (ie they get slurped across once an
>> hour from CVS to the website ... I'd like the same thing done
>> with the screenshots incidentally).
>
>That actually already happens. The website gets updated by a cron job
>once an hour, since the neat fun CVS way to do it automatically
>doesn't actually work.

Actually, I think what Thomas may have been asking for was mirroring certain
portions of the source (abi) CVS tree over to the website. For example, we
currently maintain all of the following in the source tree:

  abi/docs/status/*
  abi/shots/xap/*
  abi/shots/wp/*

AFAIK, none of them are currently reflected on the website, though. [1]

Paul

[1] Of course, non-binary content can be browsed via LXR, but that's not
what I mean. ;-)