Re: keyboard input of arbitrary characters

Subject: Re: keyboard input of arbitrary characters
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 11:24:38 CDT

Randy Kramer wrote:

> Thanks for this, also. I'm hoping we can come up with some combination
> of two modifier keys that can be reserved for the user's custom shortcut
> keys.

What about a simple "introducer" to "inject" input into that new
"namespace"? I remeber CygnusED on Amiga used <some_modifier>-m to "inject"
input into the Macro "namespace", and from there on the next input was to
the Macro <whatever>, wether creating or executing one. At the time that
felt _really_ logical, perhaps it would work even today?

/Mike