Re: RFC: BeOS Plan Of Action

Subject: Re: RFC: BeOS Plan Of Action
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 12:17:25 CDT

On 2001.04.26 18:46:02 +0100 Sam TH wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 08:54:59AM -0700, Paul Rohr wrote:

> interest in
> > >
> > >Well, since there were no comments, I'll presume all was okay.
> Attached is
> > >the document with the few changes that crossed my mind. Could someone
> put
> > >it somewhere on www.abisource.com, in zabw abd HTML formats please?
> I'll
> > >post to BeNews and BeGroovy when we release 0.7.14, both to announce
> the
> > >release and pointing people to the document.
> >
> > Sam,
> >
> > Did we manage to get a version of Jamie's document posted for 0.7.14?
> I'm
> > sure we'd all like to take advantage of his willingness to help recruit
> > new maintainer from the BeOS community.
>
> The release notes have a note about Be needing a new maintainer. I
> don't know whether this got posted to Be news sites, since I don't
> know Be news sites.

There currently seem to be 'more than a few' problems with building AbiWord
on BeOS. I'd like to at least get it building before encouraging
developers to help, so I'll try that this weekend. It might be good to do
a '0.7.14-BeOS' release (BeOS was missed in the oficial release, because of
te aforementioned problems) before I posting to news sites etc. Any
objections?

> Jaime, if you're still around, can you take care of this?

Ahem, it's 'Jamie' :-)

I'm still around (I've just been very busy - final exams).
I'll probably still be busy for the next few weeks (final year project and
dissertation - if we ever need a port to the Java Virtual Machine platform,
I should be able to help :-). I won't be /as/ busy, however, so I'll
certainly have time to post a few stories to news sites, and will porbably
be able to have a go at working on the BeOS code more concentratedly than
I've been able to do recently.

Jamie.