Re: new Lists dialog?

Subject: Re: new Lists dialog?
rms@greymalkin.yi.org
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 18:31:02 CDT

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 03:18:17PM -0700, Paul Rohr wrote:
> I'm sure we can use the existing dialog for 1.0 if we need to, but it
> sounded like you had an even cooler replacement in the works. Do you have
> anything you can share with the rest of us?

Well, since nobody is going to receive a 1000$usd for getting 1.0 out by a certain date, we have plenty of time to release a 1.0, so there's really no need to have 1.0 be used as an iron curtain blocking new important features our usability improvements, such as a better list dialog (though imho the current satisfies me).

I am sorry if I am hitting the same subject on and on again, but I don't want to see AbiWord diminished in the userland because of arguments like: "Hey, this is supposed to be a 1.0 withouth XXX?" or even: "It is so slow, compared to MS Word..."

Remember that most users don't care for a crashing MS Word, since the minimally inteligent ones will keep backup copies once in a while. Those who are not so intelligent, can't bother less if it crashes or not.

Please, don't hurt AbiWord's public image on account of foolish personal pride.

Hugs, rms