Re: commit - fix bug 1385 <+backend rant>

Subject: Re: commit - fix bug 1385 <+backend rant>
From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 08:28:45 CDT

--On 28/4/01 0:21 +0100 rms@greymalkin.yi.org wrote:

> I consider 1.0 should be postponed *at least* until the backend improves.

I'm inclined to agree. From the user's perspective, constantly sluggish
performance is a worse problem than an occasional crash. I can work around
a program that predictably crashes under certain circumstances (and do). I
can't work around a program which feels slower on a 400MHz iMac than Word 6
felt on a Power Mac 7200/75 -- and Word 6 was notoriously slow on the Mac.

David Chart