Re: Feature request.

Subject: Re: Feature request.
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 10:03:40 CDT

On 30 Apr 2001 11:43:08 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Daniel Lawrence wrote:
>
> > Greetings AbiSource community!
> >
> > I have a feature request (duh the subject). I think that an envelope
> > generator with connectivity to a program like gnomecard, would be a good
> > feature to add to the list. I would do it myself except I believe this
> > project is done in C or C++ and regrettably I am a post Windows Basic
> > programmer.
> >

> There are two options for doing this. We can do it with our perl scripting
> functionality or with our hopefully soon-to-be completed bonobo bindings
> via an external script in an arbitary programming language (maybe even
> Basic :-)

Commenting about the perl scripting possibility...
Take the script that it's attached to this email, compile abiword with
scripting support (if you don't how to do it, email me).
When you execute abiword, make visible the extra toolbar
(Format->Toolbars->Extra, I think). You will see a little blue arrow.
Click it, and a file selector will open. Select the script, and it
should start writting the data that you have in your gnomecard program
in the abi window.

The script is pretty trivial (10 minutes of work), so improve it as you
want.

Cheers,

P.S.: I hope that somebody besides Paolo and me will start using the
perl bindings :-)

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
cuenca@celium.net