Re: commit - revert Zoom TB string changes

Subject: Re: commit - revert Zoom TB string changes
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 10:43:51 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Ove Hufthammer" <huftis@bigfoot.com>
To: <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 1:36 AM

> 2001-11-27 20:34:05, "Michael D. Pritchett"
> <mpritchett@attglobal.net>:
>
> > For Win32, the toolbar width is not sufficient for "Page
> > Width" and "Whole Page" strings. Reverting to the smaller
> > "Width" and "Page" strings.
>
> That's not the right (best) solution. The various translations
> may very well be longer than 'Page Width', even if they only
> translate 'Width'.
>
> --
> Karl Ove Hufthammer

Karl -

You are correct, it is not the best solution but it is better than the
misleading situation that the English (default) strings was yielding. I am
resistant to make the combo-box much bigger for words as is main purpose is
to display zoom percentages. Page Width and Whole Page are special cases
that change the zoom with changing window sizes.

I would be willing to resize combobox for any translations that are as small
as possible but don't fit.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett