Re: wv horribally broken with HAVE_GNOMEVFS

Subject: Re: wv horribally broken with HAVE_GNOMEVFS
From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 08:28:07 CST

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 21:14, Martin Sevior wrote:

> I've ben trying to build with GNOMEVFS for about 2 hours. I'm
> totally defeated in wv.
>
> I'll hack around wv removing all traces of of gnome-vfs in wv on my local
> system until I get abi to build.
>
> I dunno why gnome-vfs is in wv but it certainly doesn't build (at least
> with diving make.)

Add `gnome-config --cflags vfs` to your include path, don't define
HAVE_GNOMEVFS inside of wv-land, or don't do `configure
--enable-gnomevfs` on wv's configure.

I'm not planning on supporting Gnome-VFS via Makefile.abi, only via the
normal configure scripts and the makefiles produced from
Makefile.{in|am}

GnomeVFS is in libole2 because I modularized its input mechanism, so
that you could use libole2 to open a MSWord document from across the
internet or from a BonoboStream or somesuch...

I'm not fixing this. I'm reverting any changes that do "fix" this.

Sorry,
Dom