Re: wv horribally broken with HAVE_GNOMEVFS

Subject: Re: wv horribally broken with HAVE_GNOMEVFS
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 22:30:09 CST

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 21:14, Martin Sevior wrote:
> >
> > I've ben trying to build with GNOMEVFS for about 2 hours. I'm
> > totally defeated in wv.
> >
> > I'll hack around wv removing all traces of of gnome-vfs in wv on my local
> > system until I get abi to build.
> >
> > I dunno why gnome-vfs is in wv but it certainly doesn't build (at least
> > with diving make.)
>
> Add `gnome-config --cflags vfs` to your include path, don't define
> HAVE_GNOMEVFS inside of wv-land, or don't do `configure
> --enable-gnomevfs` on wv's configure.
>
> I'm not planning on supporting Gnome-VFS via Makefile.abi, only via the
> normal configure scripts and the makefiles produced from
> Makefile.{in|am}
>
> GnomeVFS is in libole2 because I modularized its input mechanism, so
> that you could use libole2 to open a MSWord document from across the
> internet or from a BonoboStream or somesuch...
>
> I'm not fixing this. I'm reverting any changes that do "fix" this.

I don't mind you keeping gnome-vfs in wv. But I want to include gnome-vfs
in the mainline gnome build. If I make a change to abi_defs.mk to do this
then the gnome build of abiword will fail because HAVE_GNOMEVFS somehow
leaks into the wv build system. This breaks the build because wv is
broken with HAVE_GNOMEVFS

I'm happy to hack my local wv to fix this but I don't know how to stop
HAVE_GNOMEVFS leaking into the wv build system.

Can someone help with this?

Cheers

Martin