Re: wv horribally broken with HAVE_GNOMEVFS

Subject: Re: wv horribally broken with HAVE_GNOMEVFS
From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 02:12:29 CST

> > GnomeVFS is in libole2 because I modularized its input mechanism, so
> > that you could use libole2 to open a MSWord document from across the
> > internet or from a BonoboStream or somesuch...

pops up in wvparse.c - Makefile.abi ignores libole's gnomevfs stuff

> I don't mind you keeping gnome-vfs in wv. But I want to include gnome-vfs
> in the mainline gnome build. If I make a change to abi_defs.mk to do this
> then the gnome build of abiword will fail because HAVE_GNOMEVFS somehow
> leaks into the wv build system. This breaks the build because wv is
> broken with HAVE_GNOMEVFS

Give this patch a shot...

Frank

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and
wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again.
That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong.
                                                         --- Philip Roth