Re: [Patch] zh-CN, zh-TW and en-CA profile...

Subject: Re: [Patch] zh-CN, zh-TW and en-CA profile...
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 03:31:58 CST

 --- Anthony Fok <anthony@thizlinux.com> wrote: > On
Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 02:53:29AM +0800, Anthony
> Fok wrote:
> > Unfortunately, I just discovered that CJK support
> is broken _again_
> > in the CVS version. I'll do some more testing to
> see if CJK support is
> > broken before 0.9.6 or after. :-( What is
> broken? The menubar works.
> > The Chinese text in document and status bar show
> single-byte characters
> > instead of Chinese... Upon startup, AbiWord also
> complains like this:
>
> Thankfully, that was a false alarm. :-) I was
> apt-get'ing with my Debian
> system at home, and there was some changes in the
> font manager that my fonts
> were temporarily unavailable. Chinese text are
> shown properly again once
> that was fixed. :-)
>
> Anyhow, attached are the profiles for zh-CN and
> zh-TW.
> There is also a patch for en-CA: I have never seen
> anyone using A4 paper
> in Canada, maybe except my Dad who brought some
> paper from Hong Kong. ;-)
>
> Canadians have switched to metrics for the most
> part, but Canadians only
> use Letter and Legal papers. A4 etc. are very rare.
> Anyhow, since Letter
> sized paper is exactly 8.5" x 11", I have changed
> the default unit to inch
> too so it works better with Letter paper. :-)

This all sounded great until we defaulted to inches
in a metric country. Can somebody check what other
word processors' defaults are for en-CA?

Sorry if I'm being a locale pedant (:

Andrew Dunbar.

=====
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net

Nokia 5510 looks weird sounds great.
Go to http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/ discover and win it!
The competition ends 16 th of December 2001.