Re: [Patch] zh-CN, zh-TW and en-CA profile...

Subject: Re: [Patch] zh-CN, zh-TW and en-CA profile...
From: Anthony Fok (anthony@thizlinux.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 03:44:09 CST

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 09:31:58AM +0000, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
> This all sounded great until we defaulted to inches
> in a metric country. Can somebody check what other
> word processors' defaults are for en-CA?

It would be weird to work in metrics for a Letter-sized paper
because it is exactly 8.5" x 11".
Most people specify things like 1.25" or 1.0" margin, not 2.54 cm margin.

BTW, I lived in Canada for some 11 years. Yes, it is a metric country,
but units like inches are still used day-to-day. Afterall, Canada
and the U.S. are neighbours. :-)

I find that in this case, whether to use inches or cm is very dependent
on the type of paper. Just my 2 cents.

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling