FreeBSD - gnome build (updated for 0.9.6.1)

Subject: FreeBSD - gnome build (updated for 0.9.6.1)
From: Paul (listmstr@posom.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 17:46:15 CST

My last message to this list was lost in the DNS problems, and I haven't
really been able to work on this much since. That message is quoted
below.

I pulled the sources from CVS for 0.9.6.1 and built a gnome distribution
with the diving make, but still had to make the changes noted below in
order to make it build. In addition, it appears that the
ABI_REQUIRE_PEER_ICONV=1 was commented out in the freebsd.mk, and I am
unable to build without it. I specified it on the command line.
If I can just get the dictionary to work now :( I can upload a tgz for
FreeBSD to sourceforge.

These are my previous notes:
_____________________________
It appears that FJF's patch to remove -D_XOPEN_SOURCE from the CFLAGS in
src/config/platforms/freebsd.mk did work as intended to allow the
WordPerfect importer to find the rint function. This is a much better
solution. I also noticed the commits for the other two items I listed
in the last message. Thanks.

I've managed to compile with gnome now, and had to make another couple
of changes:
1) I added Abi_libiconv to the LoadOrder in
src/wp/main/unix/gnome/Makefile :

ifdef ABI_REQUIRE_PEER_ICONV
LoadOrder += Abi_libiconv
endif

(do we need to add Abi_fribidi for ABI_OPT_BIDI_ENABLED?)

These lines were borrowed from the non-gnome Makefile, since linking
threw errors about not finding various iconv functions.

2) Replaced glib-config in abi/src/config/abi_defs.mk with
$(GLIB_CONFIG) in two places. glib12-confic is used in FreeBSD. It
appears that all of the other unix localizations are setup already to
put the right value in GLIB_CONFIG, so I don't know why abi_defs.mk
wasn't using it. I don't know whether this will break something I'm not
aware of. I asked about this on IRC and then headed off to a meeting.
Sorry.

I really appreciate the cross-platform emphasis here and the
receptiveness to making sure it works on various OSs.

-Paul (posom)

____
"You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."
         --Miracle Max, the Princess Bride